#1 skin worst enemy...dehydration!
As much as I love formulating skincare products, let me put this straight: a moisturizing cream IS NOT sufficient to hydrate your skin...and will never be. Any brand telling you otherwise is making abusive claim!
Skin needs at least 1.5 to 2 liters (50 to 70 ounces) of water per day, every day. Especially if you live in a hot climate.
Why? Simply put: skin cells are made up to 70% of water, water is their main fuel to ensure proper functioning (regeneration, elimination of toxins, insulation, protection etc...). If the cells don't get sufficient water, then they can't do their job. As a result, skin will show premature aging signs, dull complexion, fine lines or dark circles.
You can see visible results on your skin just by increasing your daily water intake. Try the 28 days water challenge and see by yourself!
THE 28 DAYS WATER CHALLENGE
- Start drinking 2 liters (a bit less than 70 ounces) of water every day, no matter what
- Take a selfie of your bare face in the morning, without make up, on day 1
- Drink 2 liters a day consistently for at least 4 weeks
- Take a selfie once a week, same day, same conditions (no make up, same background).
- After 4 weeks, compare pics 1 and 4! Shocking isn't it? Don't you love this fresher version of you?
After 28 days, you can visibly see fine lines reducing, dark circles fading, and skin looking overall plumper and brighter. That's right, just with...simple water!
4 weeks is the time needed by your skin to regenerate itself fully. It's a timeline to keep in mind when assessing the efficiency of a new cosmetic product.
So before you consider purchasing expensive skincare...remember this simple water trick, and give it a try!